On a three week long, trip of a lifetime, my brother Brian, his wife Leanne, and their kids Hadley and Easton are touring around the Yukon.
We’ve spent two long weekends with them, and in between they went up the Dempster to the Arctic Ocean at Tuktoyaktuk while we worked.
I had an absolute blast hanging out with them! The kids are at a real good age, 12 and 8, to really have a good time doing things with adults, and still think we’re cool. HA!
We PACKED adventure in. We:
- panned for gold
- metal detected up treasure in our yard
- they taught me how to play Pokemon Go and we walked the Dawson streets several times hunting Pokemon
- went fishing for an afternoon
- toured the Bear Creek historical complex
- toured the old abandoned town of Forty Mile
- went blueberry picking
- played cards (Go Fish and Euchre) and chess and Chinese checkers
- went to a play
- had Brian up on stage during a show at Gerties
- had Brian up on stage during the play at the Palace Grand
- the kids were chosen to be judges for the interactive play
- had an old time photo shoot
- took Brian and Leanne out for a night of way too much beer
- helped Brian and Leanne join the Sour Toe Cocktail club
- had ice cream along the Yukon River
- soaked in our hot tub
Hank was an absolute dream with the kids! He was like Uncle Hank and when I woke up one morning he was sitting between my niece and nephew on the couch watching cartoons!
Too bad we live so far away!