I just looked at some old posts from previous Thanksgivings.
I love this memory from 2005. My sister Julie came to spend the holiday with me and we cooked a big dinner. This is what happened when she was about to leave:
“Julie thought it was safe to leave a saran-wrapped pumpkin pie by the door when she was packing up her stuff, but of course, Surf ate the filling of it! I got mad at first, at Julie for leaving it on the floor, but then I couldn’t stop laughing. It was funny! I couldn’t yell at Surf, after all, it was a free pie on the floor!”
That Surf, she was full of mischief, but hid it all behind her squinty, smirky, tail waggin’, you-better-love-me, looks.
Visit my Thanksgivings of yesteryear:
- 2005 – Julie came for the weekend! – Thanksgiving Weekend
- 2006 – Jeff was hunting, so I spent Thanksgiving ’06 solo – Happy Thanksgiving
- 2007 – We were new to Nova Scotia and took a drive that Thanksgiving Day – Back Road Exploration
- 2008 – I had just caught Sally and Steve French, the kittens from under the front porch – Kitten progress… while I slept
- 2009 – Was home in Ontario helping my Mom move – I’m Back!
- 2010 – Last year I was in Thunder Bay, Ontario for Thanksgiving – My Adventures in Thunder Bay, Winni*eg, Ajax!