I dropped off Monty this morning for the tests and procedures (see yesterday’s post for more).
The vet just called and the news is hopeful:
- blood work was good
- x-rays showed no bone involvement
- 2 teeth have been removed
- vet is fairly confident whatever this is is soft tissue related only and not bone (ie. not osteosarcoma)
- vet took 3 good tissue samples
- Monty will be bloody for a few days as his gums heal from the sample and tooth removal
- he has stitches to help close the tooth holes
- tissue samples and teeth will be sent to the vet college pathology lab for tests to find out if it is cancer or a benign growth in his gums
Best part, I can pick him up later this afternoon 🙂
Here he is this morning as we were headed to town. It was -16C and crispy outside!