One of my doctors from Whitehorse called on Tuesday to let me know my ovarian cancer test has elevated values for each of the tumor markers. This confirms a malignancy.


So what’s next. More waiting. The doctor has contacted BC Cancer Care in Vancouver to refer me there. They will contact me with the next step. From what I have heard so far, it is likely my transportation will be arranged to Vancouver and they will book a surgery date. A week before that date, they will meet with me in Vancouver for further assessment, to confirm if the surgery will be first, or if they’ll prefer to do chemo before the surgery.

If the chemo is after the surgery, I can do chemo in our capital city of Whitehorse, which is only a 6 hour drive from home.

But mostly, I don’t know anything. You probably have many questions. I don’t have answers. I’m not Googling anything anymore.

How am I feeling? I’m in shock. I have pain. I don’t know how much is from the cancer mass in my ovary and how much is from the kidney infection. I haven’t been taking anything for the pain, but finally caved last night, took an extra strength Advil, had a bath, and fell fast asleep until early this morning. It was so needed, the longest chunk of sleep I’ve had in a couple weeks.

I’ll keep updates flowing here through my blog. If you want to subscribe by email, so you get notified when I post, look for the “Subscribe to Blog via Email” widget in the right sidebar and enter your email address.

Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my last post. Love you all! ❤