Yes that is right, tomorrow is the best day of the year because it’s my BIRTHDAY! 88|
Dad just called from Woodstock. He’s on his way up for the party!!
I think Jeff, Dad, and I will go across the river for the crab leg and roast beef buffet at the casino tomorrow night!!
And for the curious, I will be turning 31.
It’s been quite a culture shift since turning 30 last year. Changes I’ve noticed:
- I’m now greeted with a “ma’am” instead of a “miss” at banks and stores
- I have more gray hairs every day. Those that don’t grow back in gray just don’t grow back in at all leaving a thinning mop on my head
- Regardless of my marital status, people think I need to have babies and plead with me to have children before it becomes too difficult or too late
- I was given a free carnation on Mother’s day at the bank even when I pleaded that I wasn’t a mother
- I am losing touch with the music-of-today’s generation. Right now I’m shuffling the greatest hits of Elton John, Neil Diamond, Cher, and Gordon Lightfoot.
If anyone wants to join us for dinner tomorrow night, come on up!
I’d love to come up, but it is Leanne’s Dad’s family Christmas on Sunday, so, that would be more driving than I would like. We do have a birthday gift for you though. Do you want to know what it is so it would be like opening it on your birthday? heh.
oh, and you lost touch with “today’s” music a long time ago, friend. Was it only obvious to the rest of us?
I’ll join that over 30 club in February. Book me a seat at the support meetings.
Glad your Dad is able to go up for your birthday Lisa….its always difficult to celebrate your Day with you since you moved north…guess it is our fault for having a December baby!
And again…it always rains on your birthday and snows on Julies in April!
So do you want us to send pictures of your birthday gifts?
See you in a week. Love ya
Well it appears I still have some time before I join that support group you are talking about. 🙂 Enjoy your day Lisa! Happy Birthday!
I hope you had a great birthday! Sorry I couldn’t run up for the party! We are still in school and my first graders are wild with excitement! We get out Wednesday! Oh,by the way……you look great for being over 30!!! 🙂